August 1, 2013

Thinking Back To the Start

Our good friends are expecting their first baby and we've been supportive and excited since we found out. Seeing how ready they are and prepared for it makes me remember what it was like for me. I still can hardly remember what our life was like before Carson became a part of it. 

Our friends have yet to experience the whirlwind of life changing moments that we already have. I look at my friend and her cute belly and think how beautiful she looks. Since I've already gone through it, I look at it all so differently now. There is a tiny life inside of her waiting to meet her and all the people who are going to love the cute little baby. Everyone is just waiting to see if it's a girl or boy. Everyone is waiting to see how her labour goes and how much the baby weighs. So much waiting... it's hard sometimes for the Mother. It's so normal to feel frustrated with even your family and friends for asking you how you're feeling. Obviously, you're feeling pregnant and just want the baby out!

I look at Carson now who is currently bouncing around on the couch, and think of how far we've come. Parenthood really changed me. I was so crazy about things with him at the beginning, but he turned out ok..so far... 

I just want our friends to have the happiest moment of their lives. Just like we did with Carson. It's an incredible gift to be a parent and meeting your precious baby is just a feeling that's indescribable.  

I still remember the point when I was getting close to my due date and just wanted the baby out. I was so impatient and just wanted to know if I was having a boy or a girl. I had every single thing ready. I just wanted to hold my baby. It was harder to understand then how important it was to let nature take its course and just how quickly it all was about to change. I know when we ever have another one, I'll look at it all differently, but I had to go through what I did to come to that realization. 

I just hope that I can be there in a positive way to help our friends. I have no doubts that they will be amazing parents. I'm looking forward to seeing how they change when they become parents and watch their journey through parenthood. 

Parenthood is priceless.... the rewards only become richer and richer as time goes on. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment