May 29, 2012

Baby Steps

Carson finally took his first unassisted steps yesterday. It broke my heart at the same time as filling it with overwhelming joy. Thinking that he's just about to turn 11 months already is getting me a bit emotional these days. He sure is growing up fast. It's great to see how well he's growing and becoming his own little person now. 

Nothing really prepares you for how fast it all goes by. Everyone told me that it goes by fast, but now I'm here. I'm about to start work again next week and I am just in shock that his first birthday is coming. 


A year ago he was still inside my belly and I had no idea the crazy ride I was about to embark on and here we are, with a sweet baby boy taking his first steps. 



This month has flown by, just like the rest, and I am excited and nervous about starting back to work part-time. It will be a change even though it's very few hours. I decided to take a position that is close to home and only weekends and evenings for now. I weighed a lot of my options and this was what was going to best suit our family.

I have learned that having a child changes everything. You can't just get up and go do whatever you want to do anymore. Your day ends around 6pm when bath time and bedtime routine start. Everything is busy! It keeps getting busier. I've been told by many that is gets easier as they age, I disagree. Certain things do, but Carson is one busy boy! He doesn't sit still and when he wants something he sure lets me know. It's almost impossible for me to cook dinner or get dishes done with a little person pulling on my pants or pinching my legs! 



Carson took his first baby steps this week and I am going to be taking my first baby steps letting him go when I go back to work next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment