May 31, 2012

The Best Laid Plans

I feel like my new job is making plans with people. Yes, you know who you are. We are constantly sending messages back and forth and trying to set up a time and place to have a play date. It takes days to figure it out and then last minute, some sort of excuse comes up that we can't hang out. The baby is sick, the baby is cranky, I'm sick, nap schedules aren't synced, the list goes on.... None of these cancelled plans are anyone's fault. It's not like we all don't try to hang out, it just never happens easily with an 11 month old. Oh, how I miss when Carson was just a lump and could go almost anywhere easily. It's about to get crazier now because he's just about walking!!

So, sometimes my weeks seem like they are going to be so full of plans with friends, then most of the time the plans fall through. Most of the time it's because our kids have to nap so much! Why do babies need to sleep 3-4 hours a day?? I'm sure when Carson stops napping I will miss it and just be even busier.

Being pregnant I thought I'd have so much time to spend with other Mom's and be able to meet new friends. Yeah right! My days are all spent doing dishes, laundry, cleaning bathrooms and changing 10 diapers or more. I can't forget about our poor dog Arlo either. He needs walks. We STILL don't have our backyard fenced in so he needs to be walked on a leash. That is a half an hour event in itself.


I guess this post is sort of a general complaint (sorry about that ,I'm sure it's not all that inspiring to any future-Mom's reading this). The reality of being a stay-at-home- Mom is that it can get very monotonous. It's pretty sad when most of my socializing is with a computer! Not my thing really. I'm used to interacting with humans! I'm sure the ladies at Belly Laughs hate when I come in. They must think:"Oh no, not this girl again. She's going to talk to me for 15 minutes about nothing!"

Even though this life of mine sounds crazy and stressful (it can be at times!) I have Carson to keep me going every day. He makes me laugh and is the centre of my existence(Austin and Arlo too!). I wouldn't have it any other way. I have learned to just find pleasure in what my life is and have learned to love my own life. I can't find happiness from others. I've had to learn to find it from myself and from the family I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment