May 17, 2012

Let's See How Far We've Come

10 months have gone by since we brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital. We've been through many challenges and sometimes when I look back there was a very dark period for me when Carson wasn't sleeping well. A huge learning curve had to be tackled. The biggest challenge of my life. There were so many moments that I said:"I can't do this anymore!" The thing was that I had no choice. 

Here I am now after getting through some really tough times, with a happy, beautiful boy smiling and laughing at me. We have some really fun days. There is still so much work at this age, but it's all so worth it!

All the really hard months seem like they never happened now. Carson is sleeping well at night and napping well during the day. He's a happy boy! We made it! We've come a long way...


This week Carson started using his walker all on his own. He's minutes away from walking by himself. He also successfully ate lunch with his day care provider and played while I did some errands without crying. A huge relief for me as I know I will be headed back to work very soon. 

I just look at him and see just how fast he's changing into a toddler already. I'm proud of who he is already becoming and how far we've made it. I have to say, there were some tough nights, weeks and days I used to wonder why the heck I even had a baby! 

All I know is that it seems that every week Carson is doing something new. He's finding new ways of communicating, he's getting stronger and making me smile more and more. 

It's amazing to me that I have the honour of helping to mould him into who he will be. Sure, some of who he becomes will be nature, but I can also impact his values and life experiences. Carson has been making up for all the crap he put me through at the beginning. The rewards are being reaped! I'm loving this age so much. I never thought I'd want him to get bigger, now he's about 22 pounds and I'm not looking back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment