February 14, 2012

All You Need Is Love

Toady is Valentine's Day and though I may not buy into the cheesy aspects of the day, I have always been that emotional, hopeless romantic. I remember watching Cinderella as a little girl hoping that one day I would find my own true Prince Charming. I am lucky to have two Prince's in my life now. 

Carson kept me up quite a bit last night, so coffee is keeping me going for his first Valentine's Day. I can't help but think of the day that he will have a little crush of his own. He is already quite the flirt! 

This morning he woke up talking in his crib. It's lovely waking up to his smile and new little voice. He has such a soft, sweet side that I love about him. I cherish the moments of cuddle time we share each day. I will always be the first woman he ever loved.

There is so much love in our home. If you can look beyond the mess and clutter that exists 70% of the time, you can just feel love. Carson has opened up my heart more than I ever thought it could be. Loving your child is such a deep love. It's different from the way you love your partner, dog, family or friend. Becoming a parent changed my perspective on love. Now I can understand how much my parents love me and how unconditional the love for your child is. I appreciate and love my parents now more than ever.

Love is all you need... all you need is love.. The Beatles were right. Life is not about how much money you have, how big your house is or what car you drive. It's simply about love. Not just romantic love, but love for all.  If everyone just loved a little more, the world would be a better place. 

Carson is my little Valentine this year. We are going to spend the day together playing, eating, cuddling and laughing. These are things we do every day because there is always love in our day, not just on Valentine's Day.

All you need is love....

1 comment:

  1. You're cute. Happy V day to you guys! Like you said, I hope all your days are filled with love, not just today. Love and sleep.

    ReplyDelete