February 2, 2012

Right From The Start

                    June 30th, 2011: Carson Alexander Reid was born. 
The beginning of my adventure into parenthood started at this exact moment. Looking into my baby's eyes and realizing this was all real. I certainly remember feeling like nothing else in life mattered anymore but making this tiny human as happy and comfortable as I could. What an amazing moment to look back on.

Carson is now 7 months and I have learned so much between this photo and now. I want to share some of my experiences with you and hope to shed some realistic light on what parenthood is all about.

I know for myself, I didn't get it until it happened to me. I barley listened to what anyone had to say, I just was in denial that a baby was really going to come. 

I decided to start this blog for myself to document this first year as Carson's Mom and to allow others to learn from me, laugh with me and maybe even cry with me.

Here's a little about me and my family before we get started.

My husband and I have been married now for 3 years. We got married August 31st, 2008. We moved into our first home a few short months later. We also decided to add Arlo to our lives, a very smart little cockapoo who finds himself in lots of trouble! I could probably write pages and pages about him too!

We decided to start our family in 2010, and not long after thinking that, I was pregnant. What an exciting year 2010 was. Looking back now, I feel like it was so long ago that I was pregnant. It feels like my life started all over since Carson came into our lives. 
My husband works full time and is currently working on a certification in his field. We are busy to say the least. Finding time for each other has been difficult, but we are figuring that out too. 

I am currently on parental leave from work and am trying to decide what to do about going back to work... more on that to come.

Now let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment